Big foot

Big foot
Still growing into those kickin' life in the ass boots!

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Only One


Note:  While on one of my early morning walks, while camping in the desert, I found myself in the presence of a lone Palo Verde tree.  The moment I stood before Her an entire story had played out in my head all based on one branch that had grown quite goofy!  
Of course, I had to write it down.
I believe trees have Souls.  
I stop to touch them often when I feel the need.
If you believe "stories" can be channeled from a tree to a person, this is what this story is made of.
I hope you enjoy.  



It was only one Palo Verde tree
In a vast expanse of Arizona desert




She was so very tired 
Her solitary life had been long, hot and lonely
She tried; she really tried to keep Herself together
But there were parts of Her that just couldn’t go on
Piece after weary piece slowly withered and fell away

As massive chunks of Her Self were released
She expected Her Life to end
And there was loss
After loss
After loss …

But Her roots remained intact and …
One day something stirred deep within Her belly
A warmth spread from Her base to Her crown
From Her woody womb sprang a vibrant sprig of green
Eagerly seeking life giving sunlight
  
But its growth was erratic and out of control
Soon the delicate sprig became a wayward branch
Lacking support from its Source

As it grew far beyond its Mother’s grasp
The spreading distance created a weakness
Soon the unsupported reckless branch would snap
And join the pile of dead and decaying pieces of the past

The Mother quietly spoke, “I’m still here, just reach for Me”
The scared weakening branch replied, “I can’t!  It’s too far!  It’s too late!”
Mother persisted, “My dear Child, distance and time are only illusions  I’m right beside You  Reach for me”

The struggling wayward branch took one last painful breath
A slight tremor began at its base
Producing a tiny Sprout conceived by Hope
The delicate Sprout swiftly grew
It mightily stretched to reach the crook of its Mother’s strongest arm
Now the Sprout fueled by Hope grew confident
Because fear no longer ruled
It locked arms with the Source of its strength
The union was complete
Mother smiled

More branches sprang from this union of strength and hope
Until the new growth began to overtake the size of the dead and decaying pieces that had fallen away



It’s only one Palo Verde tree in a vast expanse of Arizona desert

If you find Her in the early morning hours, as She stretches toward the still sleepy, yet to spread warmth sun, stop and pay Her a visit.
Everyone’s welcome to sit beneath her growing shade and rest a spell.

Perhaps you’ll feel the Hope flowing from her
Perhaps you won’t
But it’s there
Oh Yes, it’s certainly there …
If you choose to feel it


No comments:

Post a Comment