Big foot

Big foot
Still growing into those kickin' life in the ass boots!

Monday, March 13, 2017

Again, Livin' On a Hope and a Prayer

So, it’s 3:10 A.M. and like the insane disciplined worker I am, I have arisen at this ungodly hour to complete a half days’ worth of work before the day begins for most others.

Alas, the work bucket is empty and I am left with a full pot of fresh brewed coffee, a brain that is wide awake, no work to complete (or get paid for) and a sunrise that’s at least 3 hours away. Cheez!

I guess it’s a fitting start to a week of transition and new beginnings.

We hand off the motorhome to its new owner Saturday, and with a bit of luck, good weather & U-Haul in tow, will be on the road to Cody, WY next week.

Again, livin’ on a hope and a prayer.

Hopin’ to find a nice house with a garage to rent for a reasonable price and praying for a safe journey! Not too much to ask is it?

Yes, it’s still winter in the wide open spaces of Wyoming. Most folks in our sunny Southwest home cringe when we tell them we’re moving to Wyoming. Just the thought of the wicked winters causes them to shiver and make a “that medicine tastes yucky” face.

Again, I am swimming upstream while the rest of the world floats with the flow. A direction I’ve grown very familiar with.

I guess I’ve come to a point in my life when raw wide-open-spaces trumps over-crowded, over-populated, over-consumed retiree living. Unfortunately, most of the habitable Southwest has become just that.

The road to Wyoming may be paved with ice, snow and blustery winds in the wintertime but maybe that’s what keeps it so well preserved and prevents the rest of the world from trampling it to death. In a world of less people, rivers and skies remain clean, trout plentiful and wildlife abundant.

Don’t misunderstand, Arizona will always have my heart but it’s breaking my heart to witness it being consumed and picked to the bone by the masses.

When treasure is discovered everyone wants a gold coin or two and I’m eternally grateful for the riches Arizona has blessed me with but wealth is not based on sunshine alone and treasure comes in more forms than gold.

Perhaps it’s seeking treasure, rather than the treasure itself, that’s the most appealing and the seeker in me never rests.

Never….


2 comments:

  1. But, but, but...be creative, be adventurous and explore to your hearts content, but be, simply just be...

    ReplyDelete