Big foot

Big foot
Still growing into those kickin' life in the ass boots!

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Simple Acts of Living Fully

Re-inventing one’s lifestyle is exhilarating, exciting & exhausting. 

For adrenaline junkies like us it’s dang-neared a necessity

It’s been a doozy of a ride the last 10 years as we ping-ponged from city to mountain dwellers, then RV nomads to sit-still on 10 acres house tenants. 

It certainly weeds out what gets your heart a-pumpin’ and excited about crawlin’ out of bed every morning from the hum-drum, going through the motions BS that slinks into our lives and steals our youthful sense of wonder and the optimism that accompanies it!

There is a Reason for each Season of Life and these past 5 months surrounded by the simplest of Mother Nature’s creations is a solid reminder of just how miraculous, yet fragile, it all is.

Seasons come and seasons go but through each and every seemingly insane change there are the rock-solid parts of Fully Living that never alter. 

Each easily forgotten in the “more is better” 21st century.

Let’s not forget.

For in the forgetting is a loss that can never be recovered.
Loss of a sense of purpose….

I’ve discovered that the more distance I put between myself and “change”, the more disconnected from “purpose” I become.  Not true for everyone, just my personal upside down personality trait.  A discovery I wish I’d have gotten in touch with in my youth but alas, a “better late than never” will apply here and I’ll leave it at that. 

Fortunately for me, I stumbled across a partner that seems to be as addicted to living on the other side of the traditional box as I.  
Thank you David, Love You Mighty.

And so, there it is.  Babble and nonsense from a delusional senior citizen who forgets her age until she orders off the Senior's Menu! 

Speaking of menus!  Here’s one I refer to as needed. 

Every menu choice is A’ la carte & Free of Charge, regardless of age.
Bon Appétit! 


Menu of Simple Acts for Living Fully

Wear overalls often

Pet every dog that crosses your path (after asking their Person for permission)

Eat REAL butter not the fake stuff

Sit in the sun

Walk in the rain

Roll down the windows when passing a fresh cut alfalfa field

Rise before the sun and savor dawn’s early light

Learn to cherish memories and not cling to them

Grow something that blooms

Read

Eat REAL cheese not the fake stuff

Send a card

Write & mail a letter

Make bread from scratch (bread machines are cheating!)

Light a candle, say a prayer

Be still

Climb stairs while you still can

Smile

Take naps

Fully taste the ecstasy in that first fresh-brewed cup of morning coffee

Hammer a nail

Saw some wood  

Dig in the dirt with your bare hands

Most of all, be thankful for all of the above and every teeny, tiny seemingly insignificant thing written between the lines of your life.
 
For none of it is insignificant

None of it

















2 comments:

  1. Willy, that place, that room. Takes me back to a place that seems so long ago. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Brings a lump to my throat AND a big smile to my face. Willy's "you've got to be kidding me!" look! Sure miss that sweet boy and you too Girlfriend! Think of you everyday and Love You Mighty!

    ReplyDelete