Big foot

Big foot
Still growing into those kickin' life in the ass boots!

Thursday, October 29, 2020

A+ or F-

Great gosh almighty, it’s the end of September in the infamous year 2020!

What will the history books, or should I say online teaching materials, say about this cluster F*#k of a year?

More importantly, what will it say about US? 

Not the U.S., but US as a whole, the Human Race.

No skin color relevance AT ALL.

No male, female, gender specific classification.

Just US.

We have been given the opportunity to rise above personal agendas, personal comforts, personal bank accounts and just be better Humans.

I can’t speak for YOU. 

I have not walked in your shoes.

I have not had your childhood.

I have not suffered through your personal battles nor celebrated your personal victories.

I am not YOU and you are not ME.

We are as unique as trees in a forest. No two of us are the same.

Instead of celebrating, and most importantly learning from these differences, we judge, we spew hateful words, we practice hateful acts upon anyone who has had different life experiences than ourselves.

Shame on US!

ALL OF US!

I am a privileged white American Woman, and so very grateful for the benefits that bestows upon me!

My childhood was not a loving, nurturing or an emotionally healthy playground, but I was white, which was my ace in the hole…..kind of.

Because playing the “White” card isn’t as powerful as you would think when you were a “girl” in the Midwest, in my world.

Expectations were low in my day and I chose (NOTE…I CHOSE) to only rise to the lowest of expectations.

Bad on me and I would suffer the consequences of that choice and that BAD is totally and completely MINE to own, and I do.

Fast forward to this epic year of 2020.

I’m 65 years-old when this world changing virus erupts.

I’ve spent the last 33 years trying to figure out where I belong and what I truly am meant to contribute in this lifetime.

Personal growth is brutal because you have all these outside influences and the expectations of others sabotaging you.

In these 33 years I’ve discovered that my birth home is not my true Spirit home. 

I’m a desert rat with a Gypsy Soul and I’ll never live long enough, in this Lifetime, to walk among all the experiences needed to become a Better Human. 

But I keep trying.

And finally, I have found a partner to drift through this journey with me who turns his back on the status quo and gives US permission to seek paths seldom traveled, unhampered by expectations of others. 

Our upbringings were as different as night and day, but because of our respect for these differences, we learn from each other and fill in the gaps of ignorance left by the absence of real life experiences. 

Some battles are well worth winning for the prize at the completion.

In words, it sounds simple, in reality it’s raging difficult!

Life isn’t Lollipop Lane and the Big Rock Candy Mountain! 

It’s fucking HARD! 

For ALL of US!

No comments:

Post a Comment