Big foot

Big foot
Still growing into those kickin' life in the ass boots!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

We think

We plan

We buy

We sell


We educate


We worry


We take


We give


We love


We hate


We celebrate


We grieve


Such is life in a very molecule-sized nutshell.


Life truly is a game of connect the dots.


Foraging from point A to point B, sometimes quite directly and sometimes (OK most of the time in my case) treading a cork screw path hither and yon before sliding into home plate. They say it’s not the destination, it’s the journey. Well my friends, that may, or may not, be true but here’s my “rest of the story” … it’s the connections you make on the trek that satisfy the soul and complete the circle.


Connect to what (or whom) you ask? Well, that depends on you. There is no 12-step plan to this connect-a-thon and that’s the beauty of it. You can’t muck it up! Really! It’s a perfect plan to a perfect end result. Problem is, most of the time … the whole travel quest thing usually gets derailed by stuff like …broken hearts, money woes, wounded self-esteem, shocking tragedy…and buckets full of knock-you-off-your-center happenings. All fear based. Let me say that again …. ALL fear based. Hmmmmm……..what’s up with that?


Never underestimate the power of fear … never.


Fear has built great countries and brought them down just as quickly.


Fear has made kings of servants and destroyed families destined through birth to rule those servants.


Fear can bond or fear can break.

For years the “banner” on my cell phone has said “No Fear”, not because I like the clever two-word marketing slogan but to remind me that the personal power I surrender when I’m fearful is a power I can’t afford to give …. Ever. AND a reminder that fear CAN work in my favor if I use it, instead of it using ME.


A much better emotion is gratitude, so…. When I feel the kind of fear that disables and destroys beginning to wrap it self around my head, I lock and load a hearty dose of gratitude … and aim between fear’s eyes! Gratitude for all the things I don’t fear, instead of jumping into the murky depths of the fear pool.


Fear is only gratitude turned inside out and ya’ know how to turn your socks right-side-out don’t ya’? See! You’ve got the basics down already!


Practice…practice …. practice….


Then connect to whatever brings you joy. A child, a puppy, a food, movies, gardening, a good book, religion, a pedicure, a REALLY fast sports car, music … whatever, but most important of all …. Connect your Soul to your physical Self.


Because someday, in some way, all those “outside” connections will vanish. Perhaps one by one, perhaps all at once, but I guarantee it will happen and when it does, your “connection to Self” will be a life-saver in a very empty, extremely lonely sea of Life.


Well, with all that being said, this sunshine lover is gonna’ go outside and “connect” with a well-cushioned lounge chair in a bit-o-sun.


Happy connections!



1 comment: