Big foot

Big foot
Still growing into those kickin' life in the ass boots!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Work and No Play .... NOT!



Holy Moly Macaroni!! 

The RV lifestyle has begun!  

Some of you know, but many don’t, that I do not have the privilege of getting a retirement check each month and I’m still tied to the confines of a regular paycheck to satisfy the folks that supply my cell phone, internet, vehicle insurance and blah, blah, blah……and the source of that income is a mind frying on-line profession called Internet Assessor.  Difficult to explain but it’s been paying the majority of my bills for over 2 ½ years now and if I have a strong internet signal, I can work anywhere.  BONUS!

I still get the occasional copywriting, audio production gig but they are becoming fewer and further between only because I don’t promote myself in that area often.  But that too can be done via the internet and I’ve done many audio/copywriting jobs for folks all over the world who need a voice for a youtube video, educational power point presentation or answering machine. 
Point being, the 9 to 5 commute back and forth jobs are not the ONLY way to bring in some bucks.  There are always alternatives to the usual!  ;-)  

And …. The career adjustments I had to make in order to live “on the mountain” where jobs are scarce and the commute to a “town job” are not practical or affordable, continue to serve me as a full-time RV’er.  For now.

We’re both investigating work/camp jobs that are scattered all over the country that look for wandering vagabonds like us who need to cash in on some work source in order to pay for our RV habit.  From campground hosts, tour guides and cleaner-uppers to grounds keepers, security and receptionists, the jobs are out there.  

In the mean time, I sit at my little motor home kitchen table staring at my computer screen for hours at a time, to pay those pesty bills but when I feel a break is needed, step out the door and watch the sun rise over the Catalina mountains, take a short hike through the ruins of an ancient Hohokam village that just happens to be a short 15 minute walk away or take the time to visit with others like us who feel a home on wheels is the best choice they ever made!  

Where did you take your break today?  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment