Big foot

Big foot
Still growing into those kickin' life in the ass boots!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

On The Wings of Christmas Angels



It’s a mystical magical time.

When the boundaries between what is, what was and what could be cling to each other closely.

Charles Dickens’ “Scrooge” captures this fragile Christmas timeline perfectly.

The message this Classic delivers is as valid today as it was the day it went from Dickens imagination to pen to ink on paper, perhaps even more so.

It’s not a complicated story. 
In fact, it’s the simplest of plots that begins with youthful hope of a balanced happy life that becomes distorted by an obsession for professional and financial success that ultimately results in love lost and a frigid bank account to snuggle up to at night.    

Only by the grace of Christmas “ghosts” (or are they really angels?) is Scrooge able to truly see the choices made that led him so far from his intended life and realize that it’s never too late to revive long abandoned youthful hopes.

And like Scrooge, the core of how close I’ve gotten to the life I wanted as a young woman is totally, completely, unarguably built on how I’ve treated others, the “others” I associated with and the choices that were made along the way.  I take full ownership of each and every one of those choices.  Many took me to a better more enlightened place but just as many didn’t.

As I sit here now on the cusp of Christmas I can feel my Angels gathering around me for an end-of-year conference.  Yes Dad and Leonard are there, so are Bob, Lucille, Carol, all my grandparents, classmates and countless others that whisper in my ear from time to time. 

I’m listening ………..

Merry Christmas and God Bless Us Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment